Ensuring public funds go towards responsible and necessary City projects
- Assessing costs of each proposal and ensuring that projects come in
on time & budget
- Encouraging City Hall to be accountable & transparent when it comes
to public tax dollars.
- Being honest about the collection of taxes. It is not about
eliminating taxes, but ensuring that
tax dollars go to projects & ventures that are meaningful.
- Being willing to debate large ventures & approach them with pragmatic perspective (Calgary
Airport C-Train extension, Calgary 2026 Olympics)
- Work to encourage where possible that public dollars be spent in the
from where they originate.